Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Paper Hug!

I ordered some books for Andrew and Michael to read while Ryan is away. The one that we loved the most is called A Paper Hug by Stephanie Skolmoski. I couldn't get through it without crying, but it did prompt us to make this craft...




and send it to Ryan along with this:



The boys love making things for Ryan, and I love finding cute ideas! The poem that is with their paper hugs reads:

A PAPER HUG

When you’re feelin’ lonely

And you need a little lift

Wrap these hands around you

And you’ll feel my special gift.

I know you’re far away

And I know you’ll need a hug.

Until you’re home one day

These hands will keep you snug.

Tuck them in your pocket

And keep them ‘til you’re through.

I love you, Dad, so much,

Here’s a hug from me to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment