This is the best Eggplant Parmesan I have ever eaten...even if you think you don't like eggplant, I guarantee you will like this dish!
I have adapted the recipe (original recipe from Cooking Light magazine) a bit so that it is easier but just as yummy!
2 eggplants (peeled and sliced..half inch thick)
3 egg whites
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Steps to making this delicious dish:
1. Line two cookie sheets with foil and spray with Pam.
2. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam and set aside.
3. Whisk egg whites in a small dish until foamy/frothy
4. Put breadcrumbs in another small dish
5. Dip eggplant in egg whites and then in the bread crumbs. Lay them on the cookie sheets.
6. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 15 minutes.
7. Put a cup of sauce on the bottom of 9x13 pan, put one layer of eggplant, another cup of sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat.
8. Finish it off with the Parmesan cheese.
9. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Crispy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
1 hour ago