Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Babies!

I have been thinking about babies lately. Partially because I am visiting a friend tomorrow who just recently gave birth to a little boy but also because so many friends of mine have recently had babies or are expecting. No more babies around the Kimball household, though. I think two boys 14 months apart is more than this mama can handle already. I love babies and holding them makes me miss when my boys were that little. Babies are so innocent. We strive to do the best we can to raise them hoping that we raise nice kids who use their manners. More importantly I want my boys to love the Lord and I don't want them to feel embarrassed about their faith. I want them to feel comfortable being examples to their friends, taking a stand against some of the pressures kids have these days. I wonder, however, how can I expect that they are going to 'witness' to others or serve those less fortunate when it is something I find difficult to do....not difficult in that I don't want to do it, I have a heart of a servant, but it is the idea of stepping out of my comfort zone...willing to do something God wants me to do not for me but for Him. I need to learn something from what I am teaching my own children. I need to have the passion that they have...Plain and simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment